As a mom2B you no doubt have been given a list of the vitamins and minerals to take for you and your baby’s nutrition. A shake may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of supplements. You will then be surprised to learn that you can get a lot of the nutrients you need, in high levels from a pregnancy shake. Over and above the amazing nutritional benefits, a pregnancy shake has benefits that can make your life as a mom2b easier too!
First, take convenience. You’re busy and you’re doing your best to eat right for you and baby, but finding the time to prepare meals with the right nutrients is not always easy. A shake is a quick and easy to prepare meal or snack that is perfect for those times when you are rushed.
What about when you are feeling nauseous? Well, when you end up being nauseous most of the day, swallowing tablets is likely the last thing on your mind. A pregnancy shake is far more palatable, and you know you are still getting the essential nutrients that you and baby need.
Before we consider how packed full of nutrition Mom2B® Pregnancy Shakes are, we are sure that you want to know what they taste like. Mom2B® Pregnancy Shakes are so tasty that many mom2b’s use them as a treat or a snack to quell cravings. They are available in three delicious flavours:
- Velvet Vanilla
- Saucy Strawberry &
- Chocolate Delight
If you’re not yet convinced to try a pregnancy shake, let’s cover the amazing nutritional benefits Mom2B® Pregnancy Shakes offer.
Mom2B® Pregnancy Shakes offer more than you expect from tablet supplements. Not only do they contain micronutrients like vitamins and minerals, but they also contain macronutrients like protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
Why is this important? Well for several reasons:
You need energy
Something that mom2b’s say they often experience is low energy. Protein keeps you fuller for longer and protein and fats offer a slower release form of energy, whilst carbohydrates provide more instant energy. Overall Mom2B® Pregnancy Shakes are high in energy!
For baby’s growth and development
Protein is critical for ensuring the proper growth of baby’s tissues and organs, including the brain. Your protein needs increase during each trimester of pregnancy. The good news is Mom2B® Pregnancy Shakes are high in protein.1
Mom2B® Pregnancy Shakes are packed full of specific micronutrients nutrients that mom2b’s and their babies need.
Mom2B® Pregnancy Shakes are:
- Very high in
- Folic acid which is essential for baby’s neural tube formation brain and spine development and plays an important role in reducing the risk of major birth defects1
- Vitamins Bs enable you to thrive during your pregnancy1
- Vitamin B5 helps to metabolise proteins, fats and carbohydrates as well as prevent pregnancy related leg cramps and aids in the release of stress-relieving hormones3
- Biotin is essential for embryonic growth during your pregnancy and helps with hair loss, brittle nails, and skin rashes.3
- Vitamin B6 helps to prevent low birth weight and is essential to the development of your baby’s brain and nervous system, and may also help with morning sickness3
- Vitamin B12 helps improve your energy mood and stress levels3
- Zinc is important for your health and needed by your baby for cell growth and brain development2
- High in:
- Fibre (as packed) which is important to keep you regular
- Vitamin B’s
- Vitamin B1 plays a major role in the development of your baby’s brain3
- Vitamin B2 is essential for good eye and skin health for you and your baby3
- Vitamin B3 can improve digestion, reduce nausea & is essential for baby’s brain development3
- Vitamins C, D & E are essential to support you and your baby’s immune system
- Iron helps ensure that enough oxygen is supplied to both you and your baby1
- Iodine is essential for your baby’s developing brain, skeleton, and nervous system5
- Magnesium plays an important role in nerve and muscle function and helps to maintain normal blood pressure. It is also important for baby’s development and helps your baby build strong bones4
- Low in fat. Fat can sometimes trigger nausea which you obviously want to try avoiding.
- Is a source of calcium and phosphorus which help to build strong bones for you and your baby during pregnancy.
Now that you know what a great addition Mom2B® Pregnancy Shakes can be to your nutrition and lifestyle all that is left to do is choose your favourite flavour and try Mom2B® Pregnancy Shake for yourself.
Download your Mom2B FREE recipe here:Vanilla Banana
Find out more about the Mom2B® Range
Buy Mom2B® now
- Clark C. Nutritional Needs During Pregnancy. 2020 Jul 30. [Cited 2023 Jun 1]. Healthline. Available from: https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/nutrition
- Dasher E. Zinc during pregnancy. 2021 May 25. [Cited 2023 Jun 02]. Baby Center. Available from: https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/diet-and-fitness/zinc-in-your-pregnancy-diet_673
- Role of Vitamin B in Pregnancy. [Cited 2023 Jun 2]. American Pregnancy Association. Available from: https://americanpregnancy.org/healthy-pregnancy/pregnancy-health-wellness/vitamin-b-pregnancy/
- Dasher E. Magnesium during pregnancy. 2021 Aug 20. [Cited 2023 Jun 2]. Baby Centre. Available from: https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/diet-and-fitness/magnesium-in-your-pregnancy-diet_659
- Dasher E. Iodine during pregnancy. 2021 Aug 11. [Cited 2023 Jun 2]. Baby Centre. Available from: https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/diet-and-fitness/iodine-in-your-pregnancy-diet_667